Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Relationship Tip: The Secret to Catching YOUR Alpha Male!

If you're like me, you've probably asked this question when reading your favorite romance novel:

"How the HELL are all these Plain Janes landing these rich, hot alpha males?!"

I mean, how realistic is it really?

The only women in REAL life who can attract a sexy alpha are supermodels or celebrities...

Right?

Wrong!

When I was writing The Billionaire's Beck and Call, I thought long and hard about how a regular ol' gal like Isabeau Willcox could be a realistic partner for billionaire CEO Chase Drake.

I examined the romances I loved and the ones that made me roll my eyes, and picked out the common elements, and then looked to real life for examples to back it up.

And you know what I found out?

You don't have to be Heidi Klum to catch an Alpha Male. 

You just have to be AWESOME.

Each of us has the potential to be awesome. We all have strengths and skills and interests that when developed make us so much more attractive than looks alone. When you're at your most awesome, you're at your most beautiful.

And THAT'S what makes you an amazing partner to even the sexiest man!

Okay, Delilah, you say. But I'm not awesome, I'm normal. What now, bitch?

To you, I call bullshit as politely as possible. You are absolutely awesome--you just have to find how YOU express your personal awesomeness.

Awesomeness comes in several flavors. Let's explore a few real-life examples!


1. Be Freakin' Smart

Big brains are awesome, and awesomeness is HOT!
23andme.com

The lady above is Anne Wojcicki, the woman who stole the heart of Google co-founder and billionaire, Sergey Brin.

So what's so awesome about Anne?

She's really freakin' smart. 

Anne is a biotech analyst that co-founded a website called 23andme that provides rapid DNA testing. She also holds degrees from Yale and Stanford.

Pretty damn awesome, if you ask me! 

Isabeau Willcox took this path to awesomeness in The Billionaire's Beck and Call, finding out throughout the series that even though she didn't have formal training, she was whip-smart in business and an asset to the sexy Mr. Drake. 

That head on her shoulders ain't just a hat rack!


2. Be Freakin' Funny

What's the fastest way to a man's heart?  A sharp kitchen knife!

*rimshot*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.



The lady on super hunk and celebrity alpha male, Eric Bana's arm, is his wife, is none other than Rebecca Gleeson, an Australian publicist and Regular Jane.

So why is she awesome enough to see this every morning when she wakes up? 


He insists on wearing the greaves to bed...
She's freakin' funny.

Eric said that Rebecca's been making him laugh for 15 years. And not just giggling, either, but some serious, side-stitch-inducing laughter. Girlfriend means business.

Got to love someone who's incredibly fun to be around, day in and day out. A great sense of humor is a gift, and it definitely makes you glow with inner sex appeal.

I loved writing Lucy Willcox in Bound to Him: The Billionaire's Beck and Call, Book 2 because she's a total goofball and a little spitfire to boot. You never know what's going to come out of Lucy's mouth, a trait which definitely caught billionaire Maxwell Pierce's eye in the series.

Laugh and the world wants to bone you!


3.  Be Freakin' Involved



Being involved in a charitable cause and helping mankind isn't just good, it's AWESOME! A big heart is sexy indeed, as is a gal who's passionate and takes initiative to make the world a better place.

Meet Flavia Sampaio, long-term girlfriend of the richest man in Brazil, Eike Batista.

So why Flavia? Okay, sure, she's gorgeous, but I'm pretty sure you can throw a stick and hit five supermodels in Brazil, so there must be more...

She's really freakin' involved.

Flavia is a lawyer specializing in social work for the poor in her country.

Someone who is passionate about helping others is objectively awesome, and that's objectively sexy. 

Eike Batista has power and money to be with any woman in the world, but he's with Flavia because she's freakin' AWESOME!

I am taking this road to awesomeness with the heroine of my new romance series, Tied to Him: The Billionaire's Beck and Call, Book 3: Rose Turner. She's a former foster kid now deeply involved in serving the homeless kids in her community.

A big heart beats a boob job any day of the week!


Think about what makes YOU awesome, and work on that talent, that passion, or that trait that makes you special.

I've watched the movie Pretty Woman more times than is probably healthy, and the final scene sums up my point very well. Skip to minute 5:00 and go from there...



Alpha Male: "So, like... what happens after I climb up this pidgeon-crap-covered fire escape and save you?"


Awesome Heroine: "I save you right back. Duh. I mean, I am freaking awesome."

And they lived happily ever after.



My husband and I are partners, equals, and even though he's sexy and smart and funny, I save him right back every day by being just as awesome. 

What do you bring to the table? What makes YOU awesome and an irresistible, can't-live-without partner?

When you find that gem within yourself, the world is your oyster. You are special, worthy of a hot love affair with an equally special man, and By Gawd, he won't be able to tear himself away.

Save him right back, and he'll be yours forever.


***

So these are the kinds of posts I've been wanting to bring you forever, and I'm thrilled to have the patience to finally do it! 

Tell me, what do you think makes an awesome partner? What do you cherish in the people who save YOU? 

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what's going on in that dirty brain of yours!