Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Smut Review: WEEKEND CAPTIVE by Anne O'Connell (BDSM)



Hello, All!
Today, I wanted to review a favorite e-book of mine:  WEEKEND CAPTIVE by Anne O'Connell.  I have to admit... when I read this in the reviews novella not only has "dubious consent" and BDSM themes, I was totally intrigued. A real life example of how a bad review = a sale!  Ha!
However, lets be clear that I don't find actual kidnapping or Serious and Real dubious consent sexy--this is a fantasy, people, and because of that, it's all in good fun.  This kidnapping is the equivalent of an evil pirate tying you up with silk scarves and "having his way with you."  Oh no, you naughty pirate! No, I do not wish for you to ravage me with your awesome, sweaty, muscular, delicious body. Nooooo!....
Very wink wink--it's all good.
In this story, a woman is kidnapped by someone she knows, but his identity is a mystery for most of the story.  Even though she's not used to being submissive, the attentions of this man drive her wild in a way that no one else has for a long, long time.  Not only does she stop stuggling and give in to her baser desires, she learns that she may like things a little freaky!
My favorite scenes in this story were definitely the one-on-one interplay between our heroine and kidnapper, but there is some m/m/f menage in here.  Get ready for scorching scenes and a quick, fun read.
Overall, I'd say author Anne O'Connell is a bit of a Freak (i.e., my kind of gal), and give the book 4 out of 5 Floggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what's going on in that dirty brain of yours!